The teams have been hard at work creating beyond ah-mazing creations!
I created a frame for this event!
I started by taking a 4X6 frame and pullling it apart. I am not using the glass because I am making this a dimensional, in your face frame.
I began by using the actual backing of the frame and adhering paper right to it, your 2 inch Cheetah Runner would work great for this, just sayin'. ｡◕‿◕｡
I then began adding a few layers at the top and the bottom:
Once I had the layers placed and adhered the way I wanted them, I started building the middle of the project. I began with a purple background, because I knew it would pop and I like the contrast:
The Steampunk Spells Collection has so many great bits and pieces to build layers.
Layering is something that is personal preference and I don't have any magic formula. I really think anyone who layers would tell you that you layer until it "feels right".
Once I have added layers and adhered them all down(...you can either create your layers and then adhere...or you can go by feel and adhere as you go), I put the frame back together. I started adding to the outside of the frame.
I have issues with leaving "white space" or whateveryou would like to call it. Luckily, this always seems to turn out ok for me. I added the paprika trim pops to the corners and some awesome Petaloo flowers to the corner.
It didn't feel like quite enough, so I added a few more embellishments to corners and sides of the frame. Xyron has really great adhesive tools for this...like glue dots and foam dots. After I had everything added that I wanted, I added some glitter glue, I also have issues with glitter glue...it took all I had not to use mist on this project.
Here's the finished project, thanks for letting me share my step by step with you!
Have a great Thursday!